“This workshop transformed the way I think of teaching children.”
String Methods Teacher, Southern Utah University
Program Director, Cedar City Suzuki Strings
“I have been working hard to adapt the Kaleidoscopes method to work for the school I am currently teaching at and my students LOVE it! I have trouble writing a long enough lesson plan because the kids are breezing through concepts and motions that took a full semester to teach before. I can not thank you enough for sharing this method!”
— Corissa Knecht, Arizona
Kaleidoscopes Book 1 Workshop
This training is appropriate for novice and experienced teachers alike. Topics include:
- More efficient and effective ways to teach posture
- Teaching inside a discovery-based approach
- Using Kodaly principles and movable-do solfege to enhance your students’ fluency
- A complete pre-Suzuki repertoire to ensure ease and momentum from the first lesson
- A complete repertoire of rhythms appropriate for young learners
- Enjoyable movement building blocks which break violin skills down into small, achievable steps.
Kaleidoscopes Book 2 Workshop: Expressive Foundations
The fundamentals of advanced technique are built during the second year of study. Whole-body movement principles serve as the foundation for students’ gracefulness, dynamics, tone, and musical expression. Major topics in the course include:
- Developing the vibrato
- Whole-body movement in dynamics
- Balancing the bow arm for tone production
- Developing the spiccato
- Teaching points for the Book 2 repertoire
The rich emotional plaette of Book 2 inspires and rewards students’ blossoming musical expression.
Format: Virtual live training.
Kaleidoscopes Book 1 Practicum & Certification
This training is designed for teachers who have completed the Book 1 workshop.
This intimate training provides intensive individual mentoring, including personal growth and direct feedback on your teaching. Master the curriculum to grow your teaching business and build a studio of devoted students and parents.
Format: Virtual live training. Pay in eight monthly installments.